Pistachio Lemon Drops
Citrus and nuts, two traditional holiday ingredients, come together in these easy-to-make cookies.
- Yield Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 large egg white
- Pinch coarse salt
- 1 cup toasted salted pistachios, finely chopped (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Put egg white and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and mix on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Reduce speed to medium; mix in nuts and sugar, then flour and lemon juice.
- Using a 1 1/4-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks. Cookies can be stored between layers of parchment in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.