Cobb Salad with Poached Eggs
The runny yolk becomes part of the dressing. Try
this trick to enrich pasta, soups, and rice dishes.
Everyday Food, March 2010
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, leaves separated and torn
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 strips crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 warm Easy Poached Eggs (http://www.marthastewart.com/281602/easy-poached-eggs)
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and mustard; season dressing with salt and pepper. Divide lettuce between two plates and add chicken, bacon, and cheese. Top each salad with a poached egg. Serve with dressing on the side.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.