Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Double this recipe to feed a larger group.
Photography: Clive Streeter
Everyday Food, November 2003
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Serves 4
- 2 small red onions, sliced into 1/4-inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 pints brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium bowl, toss onions with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread onions on a rimmed baking sheet, and roast until translucent, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In same bowl, toss brussels sprouts with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Add to baking sheet with onions, and toss to combine. Roast, tossing occasionally, until vegetables are tender and caramelized, 25 to 30 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.