Thick Ghostly Chocolate Frosting
This frosting is part of the recipe for Ghost Cupcakes.
Martha Stewart Living, October 2008
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Beat cream cheese and butter with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low, and slowly add sugar mixture until incorporated. Beat in sour cream, scrape bowl, then beat in melted chocolate. Beat mixture on medium speed until glossy and smooth. Use immediately (or cover, and refrigerate for up to 3 days; beat with a spatula before using).
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.