- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup ice water
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour and sugar. Add butter, and process until mixture resembles coarse meal, 10 to 20 seconds.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg yolks; add ice water. With machine running, add the egg mixture in a slow, steady stream through the feed tube. Pulse until dough holds together without being wet or sticky; be careful not to process more than 30 seconds. To test, squeeze a small amount together: If it is crumbly, add more ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Divide dough into two equal balls. Flatten each ball into a disk, and wrap in plastic. Transfer to the refrigerator, and chill at least 1 hour.
Dough may be stored, frozen, up to 1 month.