Panfried Trout with Almonds and Parsley
For a light supper, serve the fish with baby lettuce leaves and lemon wedges. This recipe appears in our "Power Foods" cookbook.
Also try: Endive, Avocado, and Red Grapefruit Salad
Martha Stewart Living, October 2003
- 4 trout fillets
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 ounces whole shelled almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed flat parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- Finely grated zest plus freshly squeezed juice of 2 lemons
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Place over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the trout with the salt, and season with pepper; gently place 2 fillets in skillet, skin sides up. Reduce heat to medium, and cook until undersides are golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip fish, using two spatulas if necessary. Cook until fish is slightly flaky in center when poked with a fork, about 2 minutes more. Transfer fish to a platter; keep warm. Wipe out skillet, and repeat with remaining 2 fillets.
- Wipe out skillet; add oil and almonds. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until almonds start to turn golden, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, and immediately add parsley and lemon zest; stir to combine. Stir in lemon juice; as soon as it starts to bubble, pour sauce over fish.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.