- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 bunches watercress (12 ounces each), trimmed
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and mustard; season with salt and pepper. Add watercress and cucumber; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Although watercress stems are edible, the bottom two inches are usually too tough for salad. Trim them off with a sharp knife, and discard.