Martha Stewart Living, January 2006
- Olive oil, for pan
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups crumbled cheddar, colby, or Monterey Jack cheese, such as Kraft Crumbles
- Assorted fillings, such as diced seeded tomatoes, sliced pickled jalapenos, diced fresh jalapenos, cilantro leaves, sardines, shredded roasted chicken, cooked spinach, or cooked broccoli florets
- Fire-Roasted Tomato Salsa
- Sour cream, for serving
- Spray or brush a nonstick skillet with olive oil; set over high heat. On a work surface, sprinkle each of 4 tortillas with 1/4 cup cheese; top with desired fillings. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese; top with 4 remaining tortillas. Grill until bottom tortilla is brown and cheese is melted. Flip; cook until brown, cheese is melted, and filling is hot. Transfer to a work surface; cut into wedges. Serve immediately with salsa and sour cream on the side.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.