Oven-Roasted Ribs with Chipotle-Molasses Barbecue Sauce
Traditionally, ribs are slow-cooked in a special barbecue pit, but in this recipe, brought to us by renowned chef Bobby Flay, they can be prepared with delicious results in an oven.
Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, coarsely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup whole garlic cloves, halved
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 racks pork ribs (12 ribs each), trimmed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chipotle-Molasses Barbecue Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/259233/chipotle-molasses-barbecue-sauce)
- Peanut-Green Onion Relish (http://www.marthastewart.com/256500/peanut-green-onion-relish)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and add ice. Divide between 2 large roasting pans. Place a rack in each roasting pan. Top each rack with a rack of ribs, and season both sides with salt and pepper. Transfer to oven, and roast for 20 minutes. Continue roasting, basting with sauce every 10 minutes, until caramelized and crusty, about 1 hour and 15 minutes more.
- Remove from oven. Cut ribs between the bones, and serve with chipotle-molasses barbecue sauce and peanut-green onion relish on the side.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.