Smoky Paprika Rub
Use this smoky paprika rub recipe, from chef Emeril Lagasse's "Emeril at the Grill" cookbook, to make his Hanger Steak.
The Martha Stewart Show, May 2009
Yield Makes 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons pimenton (hot smoked Spanish paprika, preferably pimenton de la Vera, picante)
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- 4 teaspoons granulated onion powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl; mix until well combined. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry, dark place, for up to 3 months.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.