Everyday Food, September 2009
- 10 Italian ladyfinger biscuits (from half a 7-ounce package)
- 1/2 cup dessert wine (such as Sauternes or sweet sherry)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup Lemon Curd (http://www.marthastewart.com/283853/lemon-curd)
- Place ladyfinger biscuits on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with dessert wine; let stand 5 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk heavy cream with confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form.
- Place 5 soaked ladyfingers in a 2-quart serving bowl. Top with 1/3 cup lemon or raspberry curd, then half the whipped cream. Top with remaining ladyfingers, 1/3 cup curd, and remaining whipped cream; top with remaining 1/3 cup curd. Refrigerate 3 hours (or up to overnight) before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.