Brown-Sugar Pound Cupcakes with Brown-Butter Glaze
Martha Stewart Living, February 2009
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Brown-Butter Glaze (http://www.marthastewart.com/262798/brown-butter-glaze)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Make cupcakes as directed in Basic Cupcake How-To, using buttermilk for wet ingredient. Fill each cup 3/4 full, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Set rack with cupcakes over a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spoon glaze over tops, and let stand until set. Serve glazed cupcakes immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.