Easter Pie Dough
This dough recipe from "Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook" is used to make delicious Easter Pie.
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2009
Yield Makes enough for one 9-inch lattice-topped square pie
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening, cold, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup ice water
- Put flour, cheese, salt, and pepper, in the bowl of a food processor; pulse several times to combine. Add butter and shortening; process until the mixture has the consistency of coarse crumbs, about 10 seconds. With the machine running, pour ice water through the feed tube in a slow, steady stream until the dough just holds together.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Divide dough in half, and form each piece into a flattened square. Wrap each piece of dough in plastic, and chill at least 1 hour or overnight before using.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.