Corn and Watercress Salad
If you're transporting the salad, whisk together the vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper in a separate container; toss with the salad just before serving.
Everyday Food, June 2004
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 8
- 3 ears corn
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch watercress
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Cook corn in a pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, 8 to 12 minutes. Run under cold water to cool completely. Slice off kernels with a sharp knife.
- Peel strips from cucumber, quarter lengthwise, and thinly slice crosswise. Combine in a large bowl with tomatoes, watercress, trimmed and torn into bite-size pieces, and cooked corn kernels.
- Just before serving, drizzle with vinegar and olive oil, season with coarse salt and ground pepper, and toss.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.