Genoise Roll with Lemon-Blackberry Semifreddo
Martha Stewart Living, October 2005
- 1/4 cup limoncello
- 1/2 cup Simple Syrup (http://www.marthastewart.com/283903/simple-syrup)
- Genoise (http://www.marthastewart.com/254769/genoise), rolled
- Lemon-Blackberry Semifreddo (http://www.marthastewart.com/264010/lemon-blackberry-semifreddo)
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Stir limoncello and simple syrup in a small bowl. Unroll cake, remove towel, and place on parchment on the back of a rimmed baking sheet. Brush with limoncello syrup. Spread with semifreddo, leaving a 2-inch border on 1 short side and a 1/2-inch border on the long sides. Freeze until semifreddo is firm but not hard, about 25 minutes.
- Starting at the short side with semifreddo spread to the edge, roll cake, using parchment to help roll it. Transfer rolled cake, seam side down, to a platter; freeze until semifreddo is hard, at least 3 hours or up to overnight. Let stand at room temperature about 30 minutes before serving. Serve dusted with sugar.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.