Steak Salad with Snap Peas
Everyday Food, May 2009
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 pound skirt steak, halved
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 head red-leaf lettuce, torn
- 8 radishes, trimmed and quartered
- 3 carrots, sliced with a peeler
- Heat broiler, with rack 4 inches from heat. Place steak on a foil-lined baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Broil until medium-rare, 4 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; tent with foil.
- Set a steamer basket in a saucepan with 1 inch simmering water. Add snap peas, cover, and steam until bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Rinse with cold water and pat dry.
- Slice steak. Whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Toss lettuce with half of dressing. Top with steak, snap peas, radishes, and carrots. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.