Ricotta and Herb Frittata
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese, lightly beaten
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped herbs, such as basil, thyme, and marjoram
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Break eggs into a bowl, and lightly beat with a whisk or fork. Season ricotta with salt and pepper. Whisk 2 tablespoons of ricotta into eggs.
- In a 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Rotate skillet to coat all sides with olive oil. Add the egg mixture, and reduce heat to low. Cook, loosening the eggs at the sides from time to time with a rubber spatula. Spoon remaining ricotta over eggs. Sprinkle chopped herbs and Parmesan over eggs. The eggs will be slightly runny.
- Transfer skillet to a 500 degrees.oven, and bake until just set, about 1 minute. Remove from oven. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittata from the pan, and transfer to a warm plate. Serve in wedges.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.