Margot's Matzo Balls
Martha Stewart Living commissary chef Margot Olshan shares her family's recipe for this holiday favorite. Use matzo balls to make Margot's matzo ball soup.
- 2 tablespoons chicken fat or vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons ice water
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- In a small bowl, combine chicken fat, eggs, matzo meal, and salt. Add the water and the dill; mix until just combined. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 15 minutes.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and drop 1-inch balls of chilled matzo mixture into water. Cover, and cook for 35 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon. The matzo balls may be prepared in advance and stored refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.