Chopped Fresh Tomato Salsa
Chef Rick Bayless shares this classic salsa recipe as part of his Cinco de Mayo guacamole bar. Get All the Recipes
The Martha Stewart Show, May 2010
- 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 serrano peppers or 1 small jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded (optional), and finely chopped
- 2 small medium-red ripe round tomatoes or 4 to 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Coarse salt
- Place onion in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold water. Shake off excess water and transfer to a large bowl. Add peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, and lime juice. Stir until well combined; season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.