Haricot Verts with Grainy-Mustard Vinaigrette
If you can't find haricots verts (slender French green beans), use the thinnest green beans available.
Martha Stewart Living Television
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grained mustard
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 1 1/2 pounds haricot verts, trimmed
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustards and the vinegar. Whisking constantly, add the oil in a steady stream; continue whisking until mixture is smooth and emulsified.
- Prepare an ice bath; set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt. Add beans, and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes; drain. Transfer beans to an ice bath to stop cooking; drain well.
- Toss beans with onion and vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.