It's a bright idea to add citrus to the classic party pairing of cool drinks and crunchy nuts.
Everyday Food, June 2009
- 2 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 large egg white
- 3 cups raw unsalted cashews
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, using the back of a wooden spoon, grind salt with lime zest. Add dark-brown sugar, red-pepper flakes, and egg white and whisk together until frothy. Add cashews and toss to coat.
- Spread cashew mixture in a single layer onto a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden, 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.