This granola has less oil than most, plus healthy fat
from nuts. Serve it with low-fat yogurt and fruit.
Everyday Food, January/February 2010
- 3 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 5 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, toss together oats, pecans, almonds, salt, vegetable oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Spread oat mixture on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Let cool completely.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.