These lollipops top our Coconut Angel Food Cake.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2009
- 1 cup sanding sugar
- About 1/2 teaspoon luster dust (in Super Pearl, <a href="http://nycake.com" target="_blank">nycake.com</a>)
- Vegetable oil cooking spray, for molds
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Shake sanding sugar and luster dust
in a resealable container. Coat angel
lollipop molds (hard candy; thebakerskitchen.net) with cooking spray. Pour
1 tablespoon sanding sugar mixture
into each angel mold; shake to coat
insides of molds. Shake out excess.
Transfer molds to a rimmed baking
sheet, and place lollipop sticks (thebakerskitchen.net) in grooves.
- Bring granulated sugar, water, and corn syrup to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, washing down sides of pan often with a wet pastry brush to prevent crystals from forming, until a candy thermometer reaches 300 degrees. Carefully pour mixture into molds. Generously sprinkle with remaining sanding sugar mixture. Let cool, until lollipops harden, about 30 minutes. Remove lollipops from molds, and shake off excess sugar. (Lollipops can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.)
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.