15-Minute Lentil Soup
Everyday Food, October 2009
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 1
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 14.5 ounces low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup cooked lentils (from a 15-ounce can), rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic; season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens, 3 to 5 minutes. Add broth; bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes. Add lentils and cook until soup thickens slightly, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.