Grilling plum tomatoes gives them a smoky flavor -- ideal for use in many recipes.
Everyday Food, July/August 2003
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
Yield Makes 1 quart
- 3 pounds plum tomatoes, cored and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Heat grill to high. In a bowl, toss tomatoes with oil and thyme; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Starting with cut sides down, grill tomatoes until soft and charred, 8 to 12 minutes per side.
- Return to bowl; cut into rough pieces with kitchen shears.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.