These cluster cookies are a no-bake treat that kids and adults will love. With just three ingredients -- cornflakes cereal, dried cherries, and melted chocolate -- you can create a dessert that is ready in about 15 minutes.
Everyday Food, January/February 2011
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes plus cooling
- Yield Makes 18
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped (1 3/4 cups)
- In a large bowl, break cornflakes into small pieces with your fingers. Add cherries and toss together.
- Place 2/3 cup chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl set over (not in) a pot of simmering water. Stir occasionally until chocolate melts, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add remaining chocolate, stirring until melted. (Alternatively, microwave the chocolate in a bowl in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until melted.) Pour over cornflake mixture and, with a rubber spatula, gently fold just until cereal and cherries are completely coated.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto two parchment-lined baking sheets and let set in a cool, dry place, 1 hour.
Store in an airtight container, up to 1 week.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.