Giovanna's Star Fruit Cocktail
This recipe comes to us from Giovanna Huyke, host of the Puerto Rican television program "La Cocina de Giovanna." It can be made alcohol-free by substituting water for rum.
Martha Stewart Living, March 1997
Yield Makes 4 eight-ounce drinks
- 1/2 fresh star fruit, deveined, plus slices for garnish
- 1/3 cup orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Devein star fruit by removing the tough fibrous rib that runs along each edge.
- In a blender, puree star fruit with liqueur. Add ice, rum, and orange juice. Blend until cocktail is smooth and frothy. Pour into glasses, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.