Chicken Breasts Filled with Onion Jam
Serve these savory, filled chicken breasts over steamed greens like escarole or Swiss chard.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 1998
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves
- Onion Jam (http://www.marthastewart.com/282240/onion-jam)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 3/4 cups Homemade Chicken Stock Homemade Chicken Stock (http://www.marthastewart.com/261561/homemade-chicken-stock), or low-sodium canned chicken broth, skimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Olive-oil, cooking spray
- Place each piece of chicken between two 12-inch squares of plastic wrap. Using a meat pounder, pound to a 1/4-inch thickness.
- Spread 1/4 cup onion jam over each breast, and fold breast in half. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Coat a saute pan with cooking spray, and set over medium-high heat. Place chicken in pan; cook until golden on bottom, about 2 minutes. Turn, and cook until the other side is golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine, and cook 1 minute. Add stock; reduce heat to medium. Cover; cook until chicken has cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add balsamic vinegar to pan; turn heat to high. Reduce liquid to 1/2 cup, 7 to 10 minutes. Drizzle sauce over chicken, and serve.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.