- 1/3 cup panko or plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan (2/3 ounce)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound cremini or button mushrooms, trimmed and halved (quartered if large)
- 3/4 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise (quartered if large)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. In a small bowl, mix together panko and Parmesan. In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, toss chicken with 1 teaspoon oil and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Arrange chicken in a single layer and sprinkle with panko mixture. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and bake on upper rack until topping is golden brown and chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss mushrooms and brussels sprouts with 2 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast on lower rack until golden brown and tender when pierced with a knife, 20 minutes. Serve vegetables with chicken.
To make your own tenders, cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into thin strips lengthwise.