Easier to make than you think, these versatile pancakes can be dressed up with sweet or savory toppings.
Everyday Food, January/February 2011
- Prep Time 35 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes plus resting
- Yield Makes 9
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- In a blender, combine flour, sugar, salt, milk, eggs, and butter.
- Puree until mixture is smooth and bubbles form on top, about 30 seconds. Let batter sit at least 15 minutes at room temperature (or refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 1 day; whisk before using).
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium. Lightly coat with butter. Add 1/3 cup batter and swirl to completely cover bottom of skillet. Cook until underside of crepe is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Loosen edge of crepe with a rubber spatula, then with your fingertips, quickly flip. Cook 1 minute more. Slide crepe out of skillet and repeat with remaining batter. (Coat pan with butter as needed.)
Using a blender ensures a smooth crepe batter that has the consistency of heavy cream.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.