Creamy Zucchini and Ricotta Spread
Sauteed grated zucchini and garlic combine with ricotta cheese and lemon juice and zest to create this light and brightly flavored spread. Serve this party appetizer with pita chips.
Everyday Food, January/February 2011
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, grated on the large holes of a box grater
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add zucchini, garlic, and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender and golden brown in spots, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool to room temperature (or refrigerate, up to overnight; bring to room temperature before continuing). Add ricotta, lemon zest, and lemon juice, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.