Grapefruit and Watercress Salad
Everyday Food, January 2007
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ruby red grapefruit
- 2 bunches watercress, tough stem ends removed (about 8 cups)
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled, thinly sliced lengthwise and halved crosswise
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- Make dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, and oil until combined.
- Peel and cut grapefruit into segments (reserve juice for another use). Add watercress, avocado, and grapefruit to bowl with dressing. Season with salt and pepper; toss gently to combine. Serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.