Chesapeake Bay Snack Mix
Everyday Food, June 2010
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Yield Makes 12 cups
- 6 cups crisp corn, rice cereal, such as Crispix or Chex
- 3 cups thin pretzel sticks
- 3 cups oyster crackers
- 2 cups roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons hot-pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a roasting pan, combine cereal, pretzels, crackers, and peanuts. In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay, lemon juice, and hot-pepper sauce. Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture and stir until ingredients are completely coated. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Transfer mixture to two rimmed baking sheets to cool completely.
Snack mix can be stored in an airtight container, up to 1 week.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.