Spicy Turkey Thighs
Chicken thighs would work equally well in this recipe. Reduce the cooking time to 25 to 30 minutes.
Everyday Food, June 2010
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 bone-in, skin-on turkey thighs (about 2 pounds total)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a small bowl, beat together butter, Old Bay, and lemon juice. Rinse turkey thighs and pat dry with paper towels. Gently slip your fingers between skin and meat to loosen skin. Evenly spread butter mixture under skin of each thigh. Season thighs with salt and pepper.
- Place turkey thighs in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and roast until skin is crispy and brown and juices run clear when meat is pierced with a knife (an instant-read thermometer should read 165 when inserted in thickest part of a thigh, avoiding bone), 35 to 40 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.