Pates De Fruits
Yield Makes about 120 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 3/4 cups sugar
- 9 tablespoons Vitpris
- 2.2 pounds passion fruit, strawberry or raspberry puree
- Sanding sugar, for rolling
- Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups of the sugar and the Vitpris. Mix well; set aside. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray, and line with parchment paper. Spray again; set aside.
- In a large stockpot, combine the remaining 2 3/4 cups sugar with the fruit puree. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Whisk in Vitpris mixture. Cook, whisking constantly, for 3 minutes. Pour onto prepared baking sheet. Tap on work surface to evenly distribute. Let stand until cool and completely set, at least one hour, and up to overnight.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Using a 1 1/4-inch round cutter or a knife, cut into rounds or squares. Roll in sanding sugar to coat. Place on prepared baking sheet. Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature, for at least 2 hours before serving. May be stored at room temperature, uncovered, for up to 2 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.