Garden Linguine with Ricotta
Martha Stewart Living Television
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt, plus more to taste
- 1 pound fresh fava beans, shelled
- 1 pound fresh or frozen peas, shelled
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves, plus more leaves for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Fill a large stockpot with water, add 1 tablespoon salt, and bring to a boil; meanwhile, prepare an ice-water bath. Place fava beans in a sieve, and lower into water. Let water return to a boil, about 1 minute; blanch beans, 1 minute more. Remove sieve from water, and place beans in ice-water bath. Transfer to a colander; drain. Peel and discard tough skins; set beans aside.
- Using same blanching water and sieve, blanch peas until just tender and bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove sieve from water; place peas in ice-water bath. Transfer to a colander, drain, and set aside.
- Discard blanching water; fill stockpot with fresh water. Bring to a boil, and add 1 tablespoon salt. Add pasta, and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, chopped mint, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Just before pasta has finished cooking, add 1 cup cooking water to cheese mixture; stir to combine.
- Drain pasta, and transfer to a serving bowl. Add olive oil, and toss. Add cheese mixture, reserved fava beans, and reserved peas; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with mint leaves; serve.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.