Pink Grapefruit Gelatin
It's best to prepare this the day or night before you want to serve it, but not more than that. This also makes it the perfect dessert for summer entertaining: It's cool, light, refreshing, and impressive.
Martha Stewart Living, June 1996
- 2 3/4 cups freshly squeezed and strained pink-grapefruit juice, (4 grapefruits)
- 5 packets powdered unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Pour 1 cup grapefruit juice into a bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over and let stand to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Bring sugar and 1 1/2 cups water to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Pour hot syrup over gelatin mixture; mix well to dissolve completely. Stir in remaining 1 3/4 cups juice.
- Pour into a 9-by-13-inch Pyrex pan; cover, and refrigerate until set, 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, cut gelatin into 1-inch cubes, and serve in tall glasses.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.