Mozzarella di bufala is available at most supermarkets, and at dibruno.com. Mortadella, a smoked sausage, is available at Whole Foods and other specialty-food stores.
Martha Stewart Living, May 2009
Yield Makes one 12-inch pizza
- 1 round Chris Bianco's Pizza Dough (http://www.marthastewart.com/344334/chris-biancos-pizza-dough)
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella (di bufala or fior de latte), excess liquid squeezed out, thinly sliced
- 4 thin slices mortadella, halved to form semicircles (about 1 ounce)
- 1 small garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- Arrange cheese evenly over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with the mortadella, garlic, and thyme. Drizzle with oil.
- Broil and bake pizza, as directed. Drizzle with more oil, and sprinkle with red-pepper flakes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.