Roasting peaches, plums, and nectarines releases their juices and creates a nice sauce for this herb-scented dessert. You could also add apricots.
Everyday Food, September 2004
- 2 peaches
- 2 nectarines
- 2 plums
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar, (depending on sweetness of fruit)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Mascarpone cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prick skins of 2 peaches, 2 nectarines, and 2 plums with a fork, then quarter and pit. In a 9-by-13-inch roasting pan, toss fruit with 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar (depending on sweetness of fruit), 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces, and 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice.
- Roast fruit until fork-tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Discard rosemary.
- Serve fruit warm with a dollop of mascarpone cheese.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.