Chili-Rubbed Skirt Steak
Martha Stewart Living, January 2005
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for grates
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, oregano, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle mixture over steak; drizzle with oil. Let stand, turning to coat evenly with oil halfway through, about 10 minutes.
- Heat grill to high; lightly oil grates. Place steak on grill (fold thin end over so steak is an even thickness); cover. Cook, turning once, until meat is desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.