Celery Root Remoulade
Celery root, also known as celeriac, tastes like a cross between celery and parsley; choose a small, firm root.
Photography: Anna Williams
Martha Stewart Living, May
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 12 cornichons, minced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 celery root (about 1 pound), peeled and julienned
- 1 head Boston lettuce, leaves separated, washed and dried
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, creme fraiche, lemon juice, and mustard. Add cornichons, parsley, tarragon, capers, and salt; season with pepper. Whisk to combine. Fold celery root into dressing; serve atop lettuce leaves.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.