Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint Sorbet
This recipe for a refreshing salad is courtesy of Graffiti Food and Wine Bar's Jehangir Mehta.
The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2009
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 6 (1 1/2-by-1 1/2-by-1/4-inch) pieces peeled watermelon
- 1/2 cup 1/4-inch cubes feta cheese
- Coarse salt
- Mint Sorbet (http://www.marthastewart.com/256239/mint-sorbet)
- 1 tablespoon alfalfa sprouts, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, heat pomegranate juice, sugar, and pomegranate seeds over medium-low heat. Simmer, stirring, until sugar has dissolved and mixture has thickened. Strain and discard solids. Let cool to room temperature.
- Place three pieces of watermelon on each plate; drizzle with pomegranate mixture and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Divide feta evenly between each plate. Place a small scoop of sorbet on each piece of watermelon. Garnish with alfalfa sprouts; serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.