Stanley's Green Papaya Salad
Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tamarind pulp
- 3 tablespoons Vietnamese fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 ounces green papaya, peeled, seeded, and julienned
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 3 red bird chiles, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons very thinly sliced fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
- In a 2-cup glass measuring cup, combine lime juice, tamarind pulp, fish sauce, and sugar. Blend with an immersion blender until incorporated; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine papaya, carrot, chiles, cilantro leaves, and peanuts. Drizzle with reserved dressing. Using the back of a wooden spoon, bruise the papaya gently while tossing to combine.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.