Sauteed Spinach with Pecans and Goat Cheese
Martha Stewart Living, February 2006
- Yield Serves 6 as a first course
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion (about 8 ounces), halved and thinly sliced
- 1 1/3 pounds baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup (about 2 ounces) soft goat cheese, crumbled
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion has softened, about 5 minutes. Add spinach; cook, tossing, until spinach has started to wilt, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Add vinegar to skillet, and heat 5 seconds. Drizzle over spinach and onion. Sprinkle with pecans and goat cheese. Gently toss. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.