Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1 pound Hass avocados (about 4), peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 cups Homemade Chicken Stock Homemade Chicken Stock (http://www.marthastewart.com/261561/homemade-chicken-stock)
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, seeded and veined, minced
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
- 1/4 cup tequila, preferably aged
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 watermelon, for serving
- In a blender, combine avocado, cilantro, 3/4 cup chicken stock, and serrano pepper. Add orange juice, tequila, salt, zest, and remaining 5 1/4 cups chicken stock. Blend until smooth, in two batches if necessary. Strain through a sieve.
- Cut watermelon in half crosswise. Hollow out one half of the watermelon, forming a turreen. Seed flesh, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Pour soup into watermelon, and garnish with watermelon cubes. Reserve remaining half watermelon for another use.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.