Watercress and Pepita Salad
Take the white hull off pumpkin seeds, and you're left with a Mexican favorite: delicately flavored green pepitas. Look for them next to the nuts at your market, in Mexican specialty shops, or health-food stores; try them in your favorite salad or as a snack.
Everyday Food, May 2007
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 6
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds watercress, tough stems removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread pepitas on a rimmed baking sheet; toast until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. (Store at room temperature up to 1 day.)
- In a large bowl, combine vinegar and cumin; whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper. (To store, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.) Add watercress; toss to combine. Serve topped with pepitas.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.