Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
To make an even circle of batter, trace an 8-inch plate on the underside of the parchment paper.
Martha Stewart Kids, Spring
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 40 ounces (5 packages) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Put butter and brown and granulated sugars into mixer bowl; mix on medium until pale and fluffy. Mix in vanilla, eggs, and yolks. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with the cream. Stir in chocolate chips.
- For each of the 5 layers, drop 1 level cup batter onto center of a baking sheet lined with parchment (keep unbaked dough refrigerated). Using a small offset spatula, spread into an 8-inch circle. Bake until edges are pale golden brown, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven. Use offset spatula to reshape circle. Return to oven; bake until edges are golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes more. Transfer to wire rack; let cool. Can be stored airtight up to 1 day.
- Mix cream cheese and confectioners' sugar in clean mixer bowl on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Spread onto 4 cookies. Stack cookies, placing unfrosted cookie on top. Refrigerate until frosting is set, at least 20 minutes or up to 4 hours. Serve at room temperature.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.