Chewy Oatmeal Blondies
For a kid-friendly lunch-box treat, add four ingredients to our Everyday Baking Mix, and bake blondies with just 10 minutes of prep time.
Everyday Food, April 2008
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes plus cooling time
- Yield Makes 16
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups Everyday Baking Mix (http://www.marthastewart.com/262860/everyday-baking-mix), spooned and leveled
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush an 8-inch square baking pan with butter. Line bottom and two sides with a strip of parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on both sides. Butter paper, and set pan aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, and beat until combined. With mixer on low, gradually add Baking Mix; mix just until combined. Mix in 3/4 cup oats. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Using an offset metal spatula or table knife, smooth batter evenly. Sprinkle with remaining oats, pressing gently to adhere. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool in pan 30 minutes.
- Using overhang, transfer blondie (still on paper) to a wire rack to cool completely. Place on a cutting board (peel off paper); using a serrated knife, cut into 16 squares.
Store blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.