Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 firm ripe freestone peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 cup raspberries
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar and 2 cups water. Bring to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved. Add lemon juice and peaches. Simmer until peaches are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and let stand until room temperature. Carefully remove skins from peaches, and discard. Transfer to a bowl, and refrigerate until chilled.
- Place raspberries in a fine sieve set over a small bowl. Using a rubber spatula, pressing on the raspberries to extract as much juice as possible; discarding solids. Add remaining 2 tablespoons sugar to raspberry juice, and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Serve chilled peaches with vanilla ice cream and raspberry sauce.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.