Chilled Corn and Coconut Soup
The beguiling combination of sweet corn and coconut milk makes a soup that tastes farm-fresh, familiar, and surprising, all at once.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2009
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 can (14 ounces) light coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Fresh corn kernels, for garnish
- Bring chile, corn kernels, coconut milk, and water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat, and simmer until corn is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Filling a blender halfway and covering with a kitchen towel, puree soup in batches. Strain through a coarse sieve into a large bowl; discard solids. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill soup at least 3 hours or up to overnight. Stir in lime juice. Garnish each serving with fresh corn kernels if desired, and season with pepper.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.